On the quest for the perfect wedding ring? Here, we discuss the court shape style – a classic and comfortable choice that’s been a favourite for many over the years. Let’s get into what makes this style unique, its pros and cons, and help you figure out if it’s the right fit for you.
What is a court shape wedding ring?
The court shape wedding ring, also known as the ‘comfort fit’ ring, features a rounded interior and exterior, ensuring a snug and comfy fit. Because it’s so simple and comfortable, its classic design has stood the test of time, making it a go-to choice for many couples over the years. If you’re looking for a timeless design for your wedding ring, this might be it.
Pros of a court shape wedding band:
- Ultimate comfort: Thanks to its rounded edges, it’s super comfy to wear – you’ll hardly notice it’s there!
- Durable design: The court shape is sturdy and can withstand daily wear and tear.
- Versatile: The court style pairs beautifully with a variety of engagement ring styles. It’s so simple it can easily take a back seat – but it looks great on its own too.
- Easy to resize: If your finger size changes over the years, this style is easier to adjust compared to others. So it’s a safe bet you’ll be able to wear it for many years to come!
Cons to consider of a court shape wedding band:
- May require more cleaning: The rounded shape can trap more dirt and oils, so it might need a bit more cleaning to keep it sparkling. This isn’t hard though, simply give your ring a wipe over frequently, or follow our ring cleaning guide.
- Slightly more expensive: The extra material used in a court shape ring can potentially make it slightly pricier than other styles.
Tips for choosing your perfect wedding ring:
- Consider your lifestyle: If you’re active or use your hands a lot, the durable and comfortable design of a court shape could be a perfect match. Make sure you don’t just think about design – as you wear a wedding ring every day, think about what style is practical for your lifestyle and job.
- Think long term: You might be tempted to go for a trendy design, but sometimes simpler is better, to ensure you’ll still love it in the future. This ring is for keeps!
Need help finding the perfect band?
Our team of experts and personal shoppers would love to help – get in touch, here.