Wedding ring trends 2024
Planning to tie the knot in 2024, or just want to keep abreast of bridal trends? Here are the wedding band trends we think will be on the radar for the upcoming year – and even touch on the trends we think have had their moment in the sun.
What wedding band trends are ‘in’ for 2024:
Here are the hottest wedding ring trends we predict for the upcoming year.
- Coloured gemstones: While diamonds remain a classic choice, coloured gemstones are making a significant splash in the bridal scene. You can even opt for a wedding band with the gemstones of yourself and your partner, for an extra special personal touch.
- Sustainable materials: As environmental consciousness continues to grow, couples are increasingly looking to make their wedding ring as eco-friendly as possible. The use of recycled materials and lab-grown diamonds are on the rise.
- Stackable Rings: The trend of stacking multiple wedding bands is here to stay. Mixing metals, textures, and stones allows couples to create a personalised and ever-evolving look for their wedding rings. Choose something you think could work against an eternity ring (or even a few of them!) in the future, which can make excellent milestone markers.
- Art Deco revival: Contemporary rings are still very popular, but vintage-inspired designs, especially those with an Art Deco influence, are making a comeback.
What wedding band trends are ‘out’ for 2024:
While it can be fun to take a look at trends, a wedding ring’s most important feature is that you love it. So no matter whether a trend is ‘in’ or ‘out’, what matters is that you like it.
- Plain Bands: While classic plain bands will always be a popular choice, they are becoming less common among couples seeking unique and distinctive designs. Instead, many couples are opting to switch up the tradition – and are choosing an ornate wedding ring and a minimalist engagement ring.
- Non-resizable materials: Due to sustainability being at the forefront of many people’s minds, couples are wanting to know their rings with last for years to come, and this includes resizing. People are looking for a ring that will be able to change with them and adapt to any weight fluctuations as the years go on.
- Yellow gold dominance: Yellow gold, which had a resurgence in recent years, is slowly giving way to white gold and platinum metal choices. Both cool and warm tones are evening out in popularity, but silver-toned jewellery is definitely having its moment. The great thing is that both options are equally traditional, so neither is the ‘wrong’ choice, nor will it age with time.
Looking for ‘the one’?
Wedding ring trends in 2024 are all about personalisation, sustainability, and embracing a variety of beautiful materials and designs. While certain classics will never go out of style, couples are increasingly seeking rings that reflect their unique love stories and values. Ready to find your perfect ring? Get in touch with our friendly team of experts here, who can help you say ‘I do’ to your perfect wedding ring.