Why should you choose a three stone ring?
Three stone rings – also known as trilogy rings – make a beautiful engagement ring choice, due to their hidden meaning. Find out more about three stone rings, and why you should choose one, here.
What is the meaning of a three stone ring?
By far the most popular feature of a three stone ring – and what makes it such a good choice for an engagement ring – is the fact that the stones represent romantic concepts. The trio of stones can represent a variety of different things, dependant on what is important to you and your partner. However, the most popular interpretations behind the trilogy of stones are;
- The past, the present and the future
- Yourself, your partner, and your child
You can attach any idea to them, though. So whatever works for you, and has a secret, special meaning for you and your fiancé. This is what makes the three stone ring so romantic.
Why else would you choose a three stone ring?
- A three stone ring is a classic design, that’s been popular for decades. If you’re looking for a timeless design that won’t age, a three stone ring could be for you.
- A three stone ring has endless options – it doesn’t have to be just diamonds. You can switch it up, and opt for stones that are meaningful for you – perhaps the birthstones of you and your partner.
- A three stone ring adds extra sparkle than a solitaire ring would typically have, due to the extra gems surrounding the central stone.
- With a three stone ring, you can switch up the shapes of your stones. So if you can’t quite decide which shape stone is your favourite – you can choose a few!
What are the cons of choosing a three stone ring?
There aren’t many cons with choosing a three stone ring. The only things to consider are:
- A three stone ring has more nooks and crannies for dirt to hide in than a solitaire ring does. So, it may be a little more difficult to clean, or need cleaning more regularly.
- It may be more difficult to find a wedding band that sits nicely next to a three stone ring, so you may need to consider some wed-fit options.
Still not sure if a three stone ring is for you?
Take a look at all our engagement ring options for some inspiration – or drop our friendly team a message who can help you find your perfect piece. Alternatively, find out more about halo rings, pavé rings, statement rings, solitaire rings and vintage style rings.