We adore the work of Aruna Seth. The shoes she makes reflect sheer luxury, skilled craftsmanship and love for design. Here, she reveals her source of inspiration, why her shoes are as comfortable as they’re stylish, and how you’ll feel when you slip these stunning works of art on your feet on your wedding day.
1. What inspired you to become a shoe designer?
“My father is in shoes so I grew up surrounded by them, you could say it’s in my blood.
[perfectpullquote align=”right” cite=”” link=”” color=”#f58220″ class=”” size=””]”I loved the book The Secret Garden and this really inspired me”[/perfectpullquote]
2. We love your Farfalla collection. How did the inspiration come to you?
“I actually started designing from a very young age and a lot of my designs had butterflies in them. I loved the book The Secret Garden and this really inspired me. So for me it was a natural progression to design my first collection based on the butterfly. This is now the best seller and iconic style of my brand.”
3. Talking bridal styles – what makes your bridal shoes different from other wedding footwear on the market?
“We have a special padding made of soft nappa leather called ‘cashmere like comfort’ that keeps you feeling content and glamorously comfortable from the morning till evening.”
4. Your shoes come with a special padding that’s super comfortable. Can you tell us a bit more about that?
“Firstly every bride needs to be smiling on their wedding day and we really found no other brand was making feminine luxury shoes with comfort. It took me about a year to perfect the padding but now it’s in every design I make and the padding makes a difference in our sales as well. We have a lot of fantastic feedback from clients.”
5. How do you think your customers feel when they wear your designs?
“They feel like a princess and very special. They love having the wow factor on their feet!”
6. What is your favourite bridal trend this season?
“I love the intricate Chantilly lace and simple gowns this season. I feel you can really accessories more and make them pop.”
[perfectpullquote align=”right” cite=”” link=”” color=”#f58220″ class=”” size=””]”Always choose a heel which you are comfortable with”[/perfectpullquote]
7. You also have shoes for Mother of the Bride and for children. What advice do you like to give brides and their wedding parties when choosing shoes for a wedding day?
“My number one piece of advice is always choose a heel which you are comfortable with and used to wearing, then go from there. And it’s always nice to look at the colour theme for your wedding and make sure everything sits well together so the photos look lovely!”
8. Finally, we cannot stop staring at these Farfalla Lace Pointy bridal shoes in blush. What piece of bridal jewellery from TheDiamondStore.co.uk would you pair them with?
“I think this pink sapphire pendant would look beautiful with the blush lace bridal shoes.”