Presenting Annie Cording, the Editor of Wedding Ideas Magazine online. Inspiring, creative and full of exquisite wedding ideas, she shares fascinating insight into her day – and reveals what her ideal wedding dress, location and engagement ring would look like!
Interview with Annie Cording
1. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us today! We think you must have the best job in the world, writing about ‘all things bridal’. How glamourous exactly is your working day?
Being a creative person, it’s so satisfying coming up with new inspired ideas for every aspect of wedding planning! Trends, new collections, seasons, and so on. Whilst I feel beyond lucky travelling to fantastic places to meet the best bridal designers, my working day is mostly spent writing in our Somerset office out in the country.
2. Talk us through a typical day.
Funnily enough it always starts with me making the tea! My schedule differs a lot day to day, but I have a weekly routine which keeps the website consistent. Even as an editor, I have my favourite and not so favourite bits. I mainly write posts or work with designers and suppliers to create content. I LOVE creating our theme edit each week, taking inspiration from the magazine and putting together mood boards.
3. Have you always wanted to be an editor of a bridal magazine?
My education is in Art and English. And when it came to finishing my graphics degree at university I found myself totally wanting to write and design together. I just loved the scope with a magazine. Working for Wedding Ideas placed me perfectly for using my multiple interests.
4. Are your online magazine deadlines a quick turn-around or do you plan features well in advance?
I try to plan at least 3 weeks in advance. My schedule includes articles, themes, online competitions and newsletters. Often, however, when we hear first-hand of a celebrity wedding or engagement or something trending, myself and my team work quickly to source and create an article for that. So we are up to date with real news, as well as advice and tips articles which we’re first and foremost know for.
5. What articles attract your readers, and what doesn’t work so well?
Our most searched categories are Wedding Planning, Wedding Speeches and First Dance Songs!
6. Are you big on social media? We love our social media at TheDiamondStore.co.uk!
Snap! We are a fairly young team and we love using social media to share daily topics from the site. Instagram is a favourite, including #WeddingHour on Twitter and Instagram. We’re over the moon to be close to hitting 60k followers on Instagram!
7. Do you now have heaps of inspiration up your sleeve for when it is your turn
Whilst marrying is a little while off for me just yet, working everyday with so many ideas inevitably you get an idea of the bigger items you’d choose. Like style of dress or location. Trends and styles of weddings come and go. But it is a great way to know what I really do like.
8. If you could pick your dream wedding location?
Somewhere rural, possibly abroad and definitely with views that we had discovered during a trip together. A little haven we could share with our closest friends and family. The ideal ceremony – set in a candle lit chapel or a walk way under the stars – somewhere dramatic yet understated.
9. And your dress and the details?
A streamlined spaghetti strap gown with a beaded bodice and cross over back and Sophia Webster shoes. With a graphic design background, I would relish designing everything myself from scratch. From stationery to reception details and everything in between! I love fresh flowers so a ton of flowers would be a big feature of my wedding decor!
10. What advice would you give to brides planning their wedding day?
It should be one of the most important and memorable days of your life. Whilst our team absolutely LOVES the little details, creating a beautiful day is first and foremost about the memories that will last a lifetime, not the decor that will last the day.
11. If you could pick your favourite engagement ring from our website, which style would you choose and why?
SO many beautiful designs, but I really love the star-like cluster rings. A simple design but something that stands out and sparkles!
Diamond Cluster Ring | Various Carat Weights
12. Lastly… would you give some pointers for our readers who would like to do what you do? What advice can you give them?
Being an editor is having an eye for impact and composition. A strong understanding of words and the power of visuality. Read! Love words! A little tip: I carry a tiny book with me and make note of words that I love. Any of these might just be the perfect word for an unfulfilled sentence!
Annie Cording is our expert Guest Interviewee this month. She is the Editor of Wedding Ideas Magazine’s online edition, loves beautiful words that roll off the tongue & is an expert in all things inspiring & bridal.
Read Wedding Ideas Magazine for stunning bridal ideas today.
Visit TheDiamondStore.co.uk to shop beautiful bridal jewellery.
- Exquisite Floral & Event Design for Your Wedding – Interview with Tony Marklew
- Shoes to Swoon Over – Our Interview with Aruna Seth
- We Interviewed Leo Bancroft – Get his exclusive tips for perfect bridal hair
- Katie Byrne, Editor of Wedding Magazine, talks bridal pearls and Meghan Markle
- Interview with Steve Irvine, Editor of Jewellery Monthly
- Interview With Stacey Hailes, Editor of Professional Jeweller Magazine