How to wear classic jewellery – our guide
Classic jewellery pieces transcend fleeting fashions and elevate your daily style. Owning just a few simple pieces of classic jewellery is all you need to add the finishing touches to your outfits. Learn more, here, about which classic jewellery pieces you need, and how to confidently wear them.
Classic jewellery pieces:
1. The power of pearls: Pearls have long been synonymous with elegance and class. Despite their demure appearance, pearls can be a statement on their own – so opt for a pearl pendant necklace, a string of pearls, or even a pair of pearl earrings. Pair them with a little black dress for an effortlessly chic look, or wear them with a blouse and trousers for understated elegance.
2. Diamonds are forever: Diamond studs and diamond pendant necklaces are a must-have in any jewellery collection. Their subtle sparkle makes them suitable for day-to-day wear, while their timeless appeal makes them equally acceptable to be dressed up for formal occasions.
3. Plain jane chain: A simple gold or silver chain is a versatile piece that can be worn alone for a minimalist look or layered with other necklaces for a more contemporary style. You can add pendants to the chain in the future if you want to switch your look up.
4. A signature signet: The signet ring is a classic piece with historical significance. Today, it adds a touch of heritage and sophistication to your look. You can opt for a traditional look and wear it on your pink ring, or choose a large piece worn as a normal ring, for a statement look.
5. Single stone = big impact: A solitaire ring, typically featuring a single diamond or other precious gemstone, is a timeless choice, and a style that will never go out of fashion. It can be worn on any finger, but it is often chosen as an engagement ring for its classic and enduring style.
6. Optical illusion: Characterised by a line of diamonds or gemstones of the same size and shape, the tennis bracelet (or necklace!) is a versatile piece that can add a touch of glamour to casual wear, or complement a formal outfit. The optical illusion of a never ending line of diamonds is equally as impactful when worn alone, as it is when stacked with other bracelets or necklaces.
Need help finding your forever favourite piece?
Get in touch with our friendly team of experts and personal shoppers, here.