Floral engagement rings: the trend the royals love
In the world of engagement rings, there’s a timeless trend that is well-loved even by royalty. Floral engagement rings – where diamonds or gemstones are arranged in intricate floral patterns – have gained immense popularity for their romantic designs. Let’s get into the trend, and take a closer look at some iconic royal rings that feature these floral motifs.
The beauty of floral rings
Floral engagement rings are a work of art. They feature intricate designs that resemble blooming flowers, with delicate petals made from clean white diamonds or vibrant gemstones. These rings not only capture the beauty of nature but also give a sense of romance and femininity, making them the perfect engagement ring.
Why floral rings are so popular
- Timeless elegance: Floral designs have a timeless quality that transcends trends. They have been loved for many years and are a classic design.
- Romantic symbolism: Flowers have long been associated with love, growth, and new beginnings, making them the perfect motif for an engagement ring.
- Customisation options: Floral engagement rings offer a high degree of customisability. You can utilise multiple different stones for your piece, allowing you to add personality to your ring (such as using your birthstones)
Royals setting the trend
It’s not surprising that floral engagement rings have found their way into royal jewellery boxes. Several prominent members of royal families worldwide have chosen these beautiful rings to mark their engagements and marriages, setting trends along the way:
- Duchess of Cambridge’s Sapphire and Diamond Ring: Perhaps one of the most famous royal engagement rings, Kate Middleton’s ring features a central sapphire surrounded by a halo of diamonds. The halo design creates a floral effect, with diamonds emulating the petals of a flower. This ring once belonged to Princess Diana, adding an extra layer of sentimental value.
- Princess Eugenie’s Padparadscha Sapphire Ring: Princess Eugenie’s engagement ring is adorned with a rare padparadscha sapphire surrounded by diamonds. The arrangement of diamonds in a floral pattern around the vibrant orange-pink sapphire makes it an incredibly unique piece.
- Sarah Ferguson’s Ruby & Diamond Ring: With a bright red Burmese ruby surrounded by ten diamonds, Fergie’s engagement ring makes a statement.
Thinking of choosing a floral engagement ring yourself?
Take a look at our floral jewellery options, or browse the gemstone pieces available in our engagement ring section. If you can’t quite find ‘the one’, simply chat to our jewellery experts and personal shoppers, who would love to help you.