Which diamond is best for a rose gold engagement ring?
Selecting an engagement ring is a huge decision, and when it comes to rose gold rings, finding the perfect diamond to complement the warm and romantic hue can be a big part of the journey. In this blog post, we’ll explore the factors to consider when choosing the best kind of diamond for your rose gold engagement ring.
Understanding what rose gold is
Rose gold is a stunning alloy of gold mixed with copper to create its signature warm, rosy hue. It’s a popular choice for engagement rings due to its romantic and vintage appeal.
Diamond shape: a personal choice
The choice of diamond shape is a highly personal decision. Popular shapes for rose gold engagement rings include:
- Round Brilliant: Timeless and versatile, round diamonds complement the vintage warmth of rose gold beautifully.
- Oval: Oval diamonds offer a unique twist on tradition, providing an elegant and elongated appearance that pairs well with the soft tones of rose gold.
- Pear: Pear-shaped diamonds bring a touch of vintage charm and sophistication, making them an excellent match for rose gold settings.
- Cushion: Cushion-cut diamonds, with their soft edges and brilliance, create a contrast against rose gold’s warm tones.
- Emerald or Asscher: Step-cut diamonds like emerald or Asscher cuts offer a sleek and modern look that complements rose gold’s elegance.
Ultimately, any diamond shape complements rose gold, but you can choose a vintage cut to highlight rose gold’s romantic, vintage hue, or a modern cut to create a contrast
Diamond colour: a balancing act
With rose gold, you have the flexibility to choose diamonds with a slightly lower colour grade without sacrificing beauty. Diamonds in the G to J range on the colour scale may appear warmer and pair harmoniously with rose gold, and the yellow undertones in these diamonds can enhance the overall warmth of the ring. This means you may actually be able to select a larger stone for your budget, too, as you can afford to compromise on the colour with a rose gold band.
Still not found the ring for you?
Finding the best cut and colour of diamond for your rose gold engagement ring is a personal and meaningful journey. If you’re looking for more advice, get in touch with our friendly team of experts. Alternatively, browse all our rose gold ring options, here.