Its already September! Which means its Sapphire’s turn to be the gemstone of the month! We have chosen five celebs which wore the Sapphire the best and have rated them out of 10 on our fire chart of smoking hot celebs.
1) First we have Jennifer Hudson, who wore this blue Sapphire gown at the Oscars. We have given Jennifer a 6 on our fire chart!
2) Our second celebrity is Jessica Lowndes, who wore this low-cut Sapphire gown to the 2014 Canadian Screen Awards. We have rated Jessica a 7 on our hot fire chart.
3) Our third celebrity or should we say royal, is the Duchess- Kate Middleton. Kate wore a knee length Sapphire dress to match her gorgeous Sapphire engagement ring. We have rated her an 8 on our fire chart of hot celebs.
4) Our penultimate celebrity is Jessica Stam. She wore this blue Sapphire sheer gown which was teamed with a floral lace underneath to the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards. We have given Jessica a firey 9!
5) Our final Celebrity is Blake Lively. She wore this stunning gown to the MET Gala in 2009. She definitely deserves a 10 from us! Way to go Blake!
We have also chosen our top ‘phiring’ hot blue Sapphire’s from The Diamond Store.
price of the necklace is at the time this article was written.
What would you rate each celebrity according to our fire chart of smoking hot celebs? Tweet us @diamondstoreuk
Gemstones are just as beautiful as diamonds. The ever popular gemstones for jewellery such as sapphire, amethyst and ruby seem to overshadow other gemstones that are just as stunning. At The Diamond Store we hold a gorgeous selection of gemstone jewellery that covers the most popular to the lesser known.
Pink tourmaline is a gorgeous gemstone that is usually seen in a pastel pink hue, very similar to pink sapphire. It’s delicate and understated in it’s appearance and looks elegant as part of a necklace, bracelet or pair of earrings. Definitely a gemstone that deserves more recognition!
Opal is much more well known than pink tourmaline but definitely not worn enough. Opal has such a classic look about it, it’s perfect for those who love a vintage buy and is certain to insure a stunning look. Opal looks beautiful when set by itself or set with diamonds and other gemstones.
Turquoise jewellery is wonderful for those who love to make a statement and be bold with their fashion and jewellery accessories! It has a very mediterranean feel about it due to its colour and the way it is cut is usually rounded, similar to the jewellery that you would find in the mediterranean, beautiful.
Which gemstone is your favourite?
Search the item references on The Diamond Store website to find out more!
London Cocktail Week takes place during October and London’s night life comes into its own. The best in London’s mixing and bar skills showcase their skills at a number of bars. There are pop up bars, master classes, shops getting involved and more. If you fancy getting involved at home, why not! Invite a few friends round and make your own cocktails. Below we’ve picked out our favourite cocktails, given you the recipe and matched up one of our stunning cocktail rings just for good measure! Continue reading
Celebrate August with the Peridot birthstone
The most common question we hear is, what is peridot? Peridot is actually the birthstone for August but is so unusual and actually very rare. Any lady with a passion for bold and unique jewellery will love our dazzling peridot collection with many pieces incorporating diamonds to really make the citrus lime colour pop.
Peridot and Diamond Earrings £389
Peridot and Diamond Necklace £239
Peridot and Diamond Ring £245
Peridot Fact File
- The word Peridot is derived from the Greek word “faridat ” which means “gem”. The peridot (pronounced pear-a-doe) is a pale green variety of chrysolite and used as a gemstone
- Peridot is the birthstone for August
- It signifies a 16th wedding anniversary
- Dating back 4000 years, the tiny St. John’s Island (now known as the Egyptian island of Zabargard) is documented as the very first source of Peridot.
- According to folklore, Peridot is thought to bring good luck and peace to the wearer.
- Peridot is considered one of the more affordable green stones available however generally, darker versions of the stone are more expensive
Our in-house Stylist has selected the perfect outfit to team with Peridot accessories. She tells us:
The luminous green that is a Peridot stone, is completely on trend. Teaming Peridot accessories with a black, white or grey, monochrome outfit is a must for this season however, if you want something a little more subtle, team with denim or neautrals. I love this smart-casual blazer look.
Boyfriend Low Jeans – H&M
Textured Panel Blazer in White – Topshop
White Barely There Stiletto Sandals – River Island
Is your birthstone Peridot? How would you wear it and what is your favourite piece?
Jewellery Highlight: Tanzanite
Tanzanite is an extraordinary gemstone. It occurs in only one place worldwide. Making it incredibly special. Tanzanite’s colour is what is so unique, its mixture of sea and pastel blue is surrounded by a captivating purple aura.
Tanzanite and Diamond Necklace £159
Tanzanite and Diamond Earrings £279
Tanzanite and Diamond Ring £349
Tanzanite Fact File:
- Did you know that the gemmological correct name for Tanzanite is ‘blue zoisite’ but it was felt to be too close to the English word ‘suicide’.
- The name ‘Tanzanite’ comes from the place where they were first found.
- Tanzanite is the birthstone for December
- Tanzanite is deemed a ‘modern’ gemstone
- The stone is particularly highly prized because it is found in only one place in the whole world.
- It was discovered in 1967, and was celebrated by the specialists as the ‘gemstone of the 20th century’.
Our in-house stylist recommends some great outfit combinations for your Tanzanite jewellery.
Tanzanite is such a stunning colour with its mixture of both blue and purple. Let your jewellery do the talking by teaming it with neutral colours and a lot of white. You could also team the jewellery with varying shades of blue for a monochromatic look. Take this pale blue embellished cami which would look great with denim jeans. My favourite combination however is the orange, cut out dress. Perfect with tan wedges for a summer look!
Oasis Orange Caged Dress – ASOS
Elastic Waist Denim Jeggings – Oasis
Flower Embellished Bead Cami – Topshop
Do you like Tanzanite stones? What would you wear it with?
As we have been hit by some of that very famous British fog… a little something to brighten up the day!
This alluring diamond and citrine ring demands attention with its bold and unique design. The citrine’s sunny hues sparkle amazingly against its surrounding diamond. This ring could make a wonderful birthday gift, or better yet – a breath taking Christmas gift.
Great news…we have been working hard to bring a new range of Tanzanite jewellery to the website…..we had 3 things the jewellery ahd to fulfil…
1. Great Value – not just good value, I mean GREAT VALUE!
2. Great Quality – well made…made with enough care and of course with high quality gemstones
3. A Perfect Gift – this means that the jewellery has to be perefct for buying as a gift….it could symbolis more but gifts were in our minds…
I think we have managed to hit all 3 points in our latest range which you can see here…new tanzanite arrivals.
My favourite piece is the stunning 4.71ct tanzanite bracelet….a stunning bracelet and amazing value for money – you can view it here….but the rings which are offset with delicate white topaz have also caught my attention!